[CAS-BHS] [CAS SENIORS] CAS Graduation Information

Wed May 14 09:16:54 PDT 2008

CAS Graduation
Monday, May 26, 2008, Noon
Berkeley Repertory Roda Theatre

Dear Parents of Graduating CAS Seniors,

      Our children have had the wonderful and unique opportunity to be
part of the small school, CAS, at Berkeley High School. Through this
experience, they have bonded closely with CAS teachers as well as other
students. To honor their graduation, CAS students will have their own
graduation in addition to the larger all-BHS graduation at the Greek
Theatre.

      The CAS graduation is a special event for these students. It will be
held in the Roda Theatre at the Berkeley Repertory Theatre on Monday, May
26, 2008 at noon. Food is served in the courtyard at Berkeley Rep
beginning at noon. At 12:30, families may enter the theater where the
ceremony begins at 1:00. There will be an intermission for dessert and
coffee at approximately 3:00, followed by the rest of the ceremony. During
the graduation, there will be short speeches from the graduates,
performances by students, and words of praise from the CAS staff. We will
also be honoring outgoing teachers.

         While some families have already purchased tickets by mail, you
may now order tickets through CAS counselor Molly Offermann at Berkeley
High. If the $9 per ticket cost is a hardship for your family, please fill
out the ticket order and include a note. (Extra form is below)

         Because the total cost of graduation comes to about $100 per
student, only part of which is covered by the ticket sales, we are asking
each family, if able, to donate the remainder when you purchase tickets.
Gifts for the teachers, as well as a class photo, are part of this
expense.

         Traditionally, junior and sophomore families coordinate the
savory food and staff the event so that senior families can enjoy the
ceremony. Freshman and sophomore families also volunteer to clean up at
Berkeley Rep. Senior families have one last sweet task, along with
appreciating our children. We are asked to bring a dessert to graduation
(EASY TO SERVE IN INDIVIDUAL PORTIONS, PLEASE).

SO . . .Please order your tickets
    Make an extra donation if possible
          Plan on bringing a dessert

              Looking forward to a wonderful celebration for all of our
children!
Nimota Abina (808) 873-0281 or [ mailto:czczmom at yahoo.com
]czczmom at yahoo.com
Julie Searle (510) 644-1181 or [ mailto:Julie_searle at berkely.k12.ca.us
]Julie_searle at berkeley.k12.ca.us

CAS GRADUATION
TICKETS
Order Form

Tickets are $9 each.  You may buy up to six tickets per family by May 9 by
mail. Graduating students do not need a ticket.  Any remaining tickets
will become available for purchase after May 15 at school from Molly
Offermann, CAS senior guidance counselor.  If this is a hardship for your
family, please order your tickets and include a note.  No one will be
turned away.

Graduating Student's Name: ________________________________

# Tickets (up to 6):  _____

	@ $9 each equals: 		$ _____

	Additional donation: 		$ _____

	Total Enclosed: 		$ _____

Please make your check payable to: Berkeley High Development Group-CAS

Please enclose a stamped, self-addressed, return envelope so we can mail
your tickets back to you.

I would like to volunteer on this committee: _______________________

My name:

My phone day and evening:

My email:

Send to:
CAS Grads 2008 c/o Nimota Abina, 22 Bret Harte Road, Berkeley, CA 94708

Enclose:
	This Order Form
	Your Check
	Self-addressed, Stamped Envelope