[CAS-BHS] All CAS: Parent Volunteers Needed
CAS at BHS: Current Students & Parents Mailing List
cas-bhs at mail.transpacific.net
Wed May 19 10:10:56 PDT 2010
Dear CAS Families:
Two upcoming events require help from parents:
1) On Friday, June 4, CAS will be having our annual Awards Assembly and Talent Show during first and second period in the Little Theater. After that, we'll be walking together to Ohlone Park for the CAS Olympics and BBQ.
We need six adults to bring barbeques and related equipment to Ohlone because the built-in grill is insufficient for our large group. Those six adults will need to be at Ohlone park at 10:45 to set up. We'd like to feed the kids from 11:15-11:45. At that point, the six parent volunteers can help teachers lead the clean up effort and then pack up and leave by 12:15.
2) Prior to the BBQ, we need a CAS parent to shop for the event at Costco or some other affordable store and deliver the food to Ohlone. The simplest plan would have a parent shop the morning of June 4th and bring the food directly to Ohlone Park at 10:45 but if someone wanted to shop the day before and refrigerate the food overnight they could.
1. We'll be gathering at the picnic tables in Ohlone that are close to the corner of Hearst and McGee. See map:
2. By Thursday, May 27, please email me if you can volunteer for either of these two tasks: philiphalpern at mac.com
or call 510-912-3095.
3. PLEASE volunteer by Thursday, May 27! We won't be able to hold these events if we don't get the parent support we need!
4. CAS Students will be planning the menu next week so the parent volunteer who agrees to shop will have the shopping list by Friday, May 28
5. CAS teachers will be collecting $5.00 from CAS students next week so the parent shopper won't have to pay Costco out of their pocket and be reimbursed. Financial aid available. Supplementary donations
6. CAS students will be bringing Field Trip Forms home for you to sign at the beginning of next week. $5.00 per student is due by Thursday, May 27.
-9th and 10th Graders: Turn $5.00 and Field Trip Forms into Ms. Bracken
-11 Graders: Turn $5.00 and Field Trip Forms into Ms. Martinez
-12th Graders: Turn $5.00 and Field Trip Forms into Ms. Moran
I look forward to hearing back because without you, CAS can't fly.
More information about the CAS-BHS